It’s football seasonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! I’m not excited. Can’t you tell? My Saints lost last night. I broke a glass. I felt better. The end. It’s okay. This is only the beginning. Prayer changes things. Lettuce pray!
Teams play horribly from time to time. That’s life. So, you’re gonna need a table of great food to ease your nerves. Start with the wings! I love a boneless wing! Even though it’s not actually a boneless wing at all. Just a plus sized nugget. They’re magical. And easy to make. Watch me put all of your favorite wing spots to shame…
Use this as your go to boneless wing batter recipe. Feel free to play around with the sauces. I love these things with my Bourbon chicken sauce too! Here’s that recipe http://www.coopcancook.com/bourbon-chicken-wings/
Instead of just dropping these guys in the buffalo/hot sauce as is, doctor it up a bit. It adds a little something, something, thickens the sauce, and kicks the flavor up a notch, or 20. If you would like to see more game day food recipes, let me know in the comments!
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups cool water
- 2 lbs chicken breast (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 T seasoned salt
- 1/3 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 T unsalted butter
- 2 cups Buffalo or Hot Sauce
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Mix water, salt, and sugar together in a bowl until it dissolves.
- Add in chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- In a bowl, combine all spices, flour, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- In a separate, shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Dredge chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then wet mixture, and back into the flour mixture.
- Repeat the process twice to double coat the chicken.
- Place chicken on a parchment or wax paper lined surface.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 mins.
- Heat oil in pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry chicken for 4-5 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Whisk on medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Pour into a bowl and toss chicken into sauce to coat.
- Serve with your desired dipping sauce, celery, and/or french fries.