Cookies, I tweaked my peach cobbler recipe and little. No, nothing’s changed with how much I HATE baking. No, I really hate it! But, I do it. However, it has to be simple and quick. Cause I can’t deal with mixers and ovens for too long! But, my Peach Cobbler is worth the small hassle. Okay, first thing’s first, I will probably NEVER use fresh peaches! I refuse to peel, pit, and chop those things. I ain’t for all that. Lazy Cook Chronicles Vol. 1. If you accept me for who I am, please do continue….
I don’t know a single soul that would deny a bowl. Didn’t know I could rhyme huh? Mixtape dropping soon….lol ok seriously. This stuff is gooooood! What other sweet treats would you guys like to watch me make??
- 3-4 cups of frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 pie crusts *or see homemade crust recipe below
- Grease 9x13 with butter
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl
- Melt butter in a large saucepan
- Add the contents of the bowl
- Stir until it starts to thicken
- Add in extracts and lemon juice
- Simmer on low for 8-10 mins
- Turn off the heat and let it chill on the stove to thicken a bit as it cools.
- Roll out one of the crusts and press into the bottom of the dish
- Then pour in the peach filling
- Now you can make cute people, flowers, words whatever, out of the top layer of dough. Or just be boring and lay it on top with some poked holes in it or strips or whatever.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until it's golden and bubbly.
- Check on it after 15 mins of baking. If the crust is browning a little too quickly around the edges, just tear some foil and cover them. Slide it back into the oven and continue baking.
- Make yo own pie crust if you're bout that life 😎👇🏽
- Break out your food processor and pulse about 2 cups of flour, a couple teaspoons of granulated sugar, and a cup (2 sticks) of really cold butter in a food processor. I cut the butter in lil pieces. Drizzle in about a tsp of ice cold water at a time and pulse until it clumps together. Pour out, ball it together, slice ball in half, wrap it in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hr. It can be frozen as well.